Who is Aworanka?
Aworanka Limited is registered in Nigeria, with its registered address at AJ Marinho Drive, Victoria Island, Nigeria. You can contact us at [email protected]
We will only use your data to up your experience. We'll protect your data like it's our own. Your info won't just hang about and, if we don't need it, we'll delete it. You also decide what and how you hear from us.
At Aworanka, we are 100% committed to protecting the privacy and security of our customers and site visitors. If you have any questions about how we protect your privacy, drop us a line at [email protected]
HOW DO WE USE YOUR NAME AND CONTACT DETAILS?
1. To deliver purchases to you.
2. To send you order-related service messages or updates..
3. To send you information about new products or services.
4. For Fraud prevention and detection.
5. To show Aworanka adverts as you browse the web.
6. To take payment and give refunds.
7. To find out what you, and other customers, like.
8. To improve our website.
1. We've got to do this to perform our contract with you.
2. To keep you informed about your orders.
3. To keep you up to date.
4. To prevent and detect fraud against either you or Aworanka.
5. So you can see our latest products and deals.
6. To perform our contract with you.
7. To give you the best possible shopping experience.
8. To stay ahead of the competition.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR CONTACT AND HISTORY?
1. To provide customer service.
2. To train our staff.
3. To sell you the items that you love.
4. To set default options for you.
5. To enable you to log in.
6. To provide product recommendations.
1. We've got to do this to perform our contract with you.
2. So when you contact, you get the best possible service.
3. We've got to do this to perform our contract with you, if you can't put stuff into a basket, you can't buy it!
4. To set options such as language and currency for you.
5. To make it easier for you to use Aworanka.com and purchase those items you want!
6. So you can quickly spot things which take your fancy.
Sharing is caring
We do not, and will not, sell any of your personal data to any third party including your name, address, email, or credit card information. We want to earn and maintain your trust, and we believe this is absolutely essential in order to do that. However, we share your data with the following groups of companies as an essential part of being able to provide our services to you, as set out in this statement:
- Companies that do things to get your purchases to you, such as payment service providers, warehouses, order packers, and delivery companies.
- Professional service providers, such as marketing agencies, advertising partners, and website hosts, who help us run our business.
- Credit reference agencies, law enforcement, and fraud prevention agencies, so we can help tackle fraud.
- Companies approved by you, such as social media sites.
- We may provide third parties with aggregated but anonymized information and analytics about our customers and, before we do so, we will make sure that it does not identify you.
If you have said we can, we'll send you marketing messages by email or text, to keep you up to date of what we're up to and to help you see and find our products. You can stop receiving marketing messages from us at any time. You can do this by simply following the instruction to "Unsubscribe" which appears in the emails we send or contact us at [email protected] Once you do this, we will update your profile to ensure that you don't receive further marketing messages. Please note that, as Aworanka comprises a complex web of many inter-connecting services, it might take a few days for all our systems to be updated, so you might get messages from us while we process your request. Stopping marketing messages will not stop service communications (such as order updates or where you have expressed an interest in a specific type of product). We also engage in online advertising, also to keep you aware of what we're up to and to help you see and find our products. Like many companies, we target Aworanka banners and ads to you when you are on other websites and apps. We do this using a variety of digital marketing networks and ad exchanges, and we use a range of advertising technologies like web beacons, pixels, ad tags, cookies, and mobile identifiers, as well as specific services offered by some sites and social networks, such as Facebook's Custom Audience service. The banners and ads you see will be based on information we hold about you, or your previous use of Aworanka (for example, your Aworanka search history, and the content you checked on Aworanka), or on Aworanka banners or ads you have previously clicked on.
Keeping your information
We'll hold on to your information for as long as you have your account, or as long as is needed to be able to provide the services to you, or (in the case of any contact you may have with our Customer Care team) for as long as is necessary to provide support-related reporting and trend analysis. If reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions, we may also keep hold of some of your information as required, even after you have closed your account or it is no longer needed to provide the services to you.
You have a lot of rights relating to your personal information:
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used.
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you.
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you.
- The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances.
- The right to stop direct marketing messages.
If you want to exercise your rights, have a complaint, or just have questions, please contact us at [email protected]
Aworanka uses "session" or temporary cookies to ensure that you are recognized when you move from page to page on the site and that any information you enter on the site (for example, items in your shopping cart) are not lost as you navigate the site. We also use persistent cookies so we can remember you on subsequent visits to our site, which enables us to provide a more enhanced, efficient, and personal experience when you return. We do not link the information we store in cookies to any personally identifiable information you submit while on our site.
If you do not want to have cookies placed on your computer, you can set your browser to refuse or remove cookies by following the instructions in your browser's "help" file. However, doing so will limit system performance, may not allow you to take advantage of certain features on our site, and even cause certain features of the site to malfunction.
We may permit limited third parties to place cookies through the site to provide us with better insights into the use of the site, user demographics, or to provide relevant advertising to you. These third parties may collect information about a consumer's online activities over time and across different websites when he or she uses our site. We do not use technology that recognizes do-not-track signals from your web browser.
Like many web sites, we automatically collect general statistics about our web site's traffic and store it in log files in order to track usage and user trends on our site. This information includes hits to our server, browser type, the Internet service provider (ISP), clickstream data, page views, navigational patterns, date/time stamp, operating system, and the numbers and frequency of visitors to our site. We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the website, to track users' movements around the website so that we can communicate with our users in the most effective manner and provide them the most useful and desired features, functionality, products, and services.
When we collect this usage data, we typically only use this data in aggregate form, and not in a manner that would identify you personally. When IP addresses are tied to personally identifiable information it is to offer customers the best user experience possible. We only reveal personal information to unaffiliated third parties if:
- You request or authorize it.
- The information is provided to help complete a transaction for you.
- The disclosure is done as part of a purchase, transfer, or sale of services or assets.
You may choose to participate in areas of our site dedicated to user-generated content that we provide you to enjoy. By "user content" we mean any content you post to the site, which may include reviews, comments, image uploading, captions, participating in forums, curating or creating art collections, and other such features that allow you to add content to the site. Any user content you voluntarily disclose for other users to view on the site is not personal information. It becomes publicly available information and can be read, collected, redistributed, or used by any person for any purpose. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable or other information you choose to submit as user content and we reserve the right to remove any user content generated by any user at our sole discretion.
Access and security
If you are a registered user of this site, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password. If you use this site, you are responsible for restricting access to your computer, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security. We reserve the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, or remove or edit content in our sole discretion.
We use reasonable physical, electronic, and administrative safeguards to help us protect the security, integrity, and confidentiality of data stored on our system. The site encrypts your credit card number and other personal information using secure socket layer (SSL) technology to provide for the secure transmission of the information from your PC to our servers. SSL is an industry-standard protocol for encryption over the Internet. While no system is 100% secure, we believe that the measures we have implemented minimize the risk of a security breach to an appropriate level given the types of information involved. Please note that any information you provide us by email is unencrypted.
We may offer links to the websites of other companies but we are not responsible for the privacy practices of any third parties or the content of linked sites, nor are we responsible for how these other companies collect, use, disclose or secure the information you provide them. If you choose to access a third party website linked to or from our site, you do so at your own risk. We do encourage you to read the applicable privacy policies and terms and conditions of such parties or web sites.
We like to be updated
We love to be in touch
We always want to hear from our customers (especially if you feel we've let you down or could do better).
- Have any questions or feedback about this notice.
- Would like us to stop using your information.
- Want to exercise any of your rights as set out above, or have a complaint.
Please don't hesitate to contact our customer care team, who will be happy to answer any questions you may have. You can contact our privacy team by dropping us a line at [email protected] or via the Aworanka's website.